Thursday, February 27, 2014

Read Through Proverbs In a Month With Me!!

        My youth pastor challenged us to read through the book of Proverbs starting March 1st. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs, and 31 days in March. If I'm being totally honest, it's going to be a challenge for me to read the Bible every day. I know it's easy to turn to the Bible and turn to God when things are ruff, but what about all those other normal days? So, let me know in the comments if you want to do this with me! I think it'd be awesome to post a list of people who participated at the end of the month. We start Saturday. =)



7 comments:

  1. I'm 12 days late but this is a wonderful thing to do, and so achievable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err, it's turning out to be more of a challenge than I thought. ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha you can do it! I've been reading a small passage of Acts every day - its so encouraging and a great thing to do. Find a time in your day (before you go to bed, just after breakfast) and dedicate 10 minutes in that time to read your Bible. Soon you will get into a routine of it.

      Delete
  2. We used to do this as a family. Every day we would read a chapter of Proverbs and share something we got out of the passage, and every month we would start over. It's amazing how much is packed into one book of the Bible! It is probably one of my most note-filled sections in my Bible. It was probably my favorite Bible challenge I've done. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing!! I'm trying to come up with a new reading challenge... maybe a Bible verse scavenger hunt??

      Delete